My background is made from the dark pieces of the black chrysalis fabric. I cut out the black between the butterflies and assembled it on stabilizer and covered with tulle and then hanging leaves were quilted all over it. Next I placed the branches and added appliqué leaves . The tree branches were thread painted with Superior variegated thread. Finally I added thick batting behind the chameleon and appliquéd it on with a narrow zigzag stitch. The picture unfortunately does not show off the dimension. A black double binding was used to finish off this 14″ by 11″ quilt. To see pictures of my progress and the back of the chameleon which shows the stitches better check out, the previous post.